Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Bright Nails!

     Nails never used to be a big part of any WASP's life.  Clean, short enough to practice one's violin, and fuss-free was the norm in Lisa Birnbach's bible.  Ever since the recession, though, prepsters have found joy in a new way to wear bright colors: Nail polish!
   
     However, I say this with a stern warning:  One must keep up her nail polish.  No chips, please.  No, your nails should not resemble talons.  No biting.  Bright, pretty nail polish looks best on short, clean nails.  Not to toot my own horn, but I have a very steady hand and like doing my own nails.

     Here's the fun part:  Colors.  Oh boy.  I like bright, bright, bright colors.  I'll use basically any high-quality brand out there, but I have an extreme love for Essie.  Read: obsessed.  Like, it's really bad.  Essie's polishes go on so smoothly and somehow leaven out to look perfect and, oh man, I could go on forever.  Not to mention, she has the best colors ever.  Here are my favorites:


mob square
1. Mob Square:  Bright true pink.  Definitely brighter than what it looks like here!  Great on toes!
2. Clambake:  Hands-down my favorite.  It's a very punchy orangey-red and I love it and it's perfect and that's it.

3. Tarte Deco:  Let's establish a well-known fact about me.  I love coral colors.  Lovelovelovelove.  This is a pretty light peachy coral that looks cute on light skin and with glitter.  Hehe.

4. Mint Candy Apple:  I don't actually own this one, but I really wish I did!  It's so pretty and is what Cupcakes and Cashmere used for her gorgeous Mermaid Nails.


Also, I have another favorite color that was a limited edition specially-made-for-J. Crew gem.  It's called Peep Show.  This picture is pretty accurate color-wise, but on nail's it's a little less corally and more bright!


     It goes without saying that I really love nail polish.  I'll leave glitter, accent nails, and the realms of crackle coats for a different post, but know this:  Nail polish is a fabulous cheap thrill that anyone can take part in.  Yay!

Love,
Ellie

P.S. French manicures are tacky









No comments:

Post a Comment